Need create table statements from metadata

От David Gauthier
Тема Need create table statements from metadata
Дата
Re: Need create table statements from metadata  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
psql (9.6.7, server 9.5.2) on linux.

I have 2 DBs, one for dev the other is live.  I want to recreate several tables in the dev db using the same metadata found in the live db.  But I'm too lazy to manually transcribe everything and that's prone to error anyway.

In the past, I would just run pg_dump and capture metadata only for selected tables, then use that to (re)create that tables in the other DB.  But where I am now, they don't give me the privs to run pg_dump.

So I was wondering if there's a way to do this quickly and cleanly without pg_dump.  Perhaps a stored procedure that pg_dump uses (or something like that) ?

Thanks in Advance !