Re: Need create table statements from metadata

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Need create table statements from metadata
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/20/19 2:32 PM, David Gauthier wrote:
> psql (9.6.7, server 9.5.2) on linux.
>
> I have 2 DBs, one for dev the other is live.  I want to recreate several
> tables in the dev db using the same metadata found in the live db.  But
> I'm too lazy to manually transcribe everything and that's prone to error
> anyway.
>
> In the past, I would just run pg_dump and capture metadata only for
> selected tables, then use that to (re)create that tables in the other
> DB.  But where I am now, they don't give me the privs to run pg_dump.
>
> So I was wondering if there's a way to do this quickly and cleanly
> without pg_dump.  Perhaps a stored procedure that pg_dump uses (or
> something like that) ?

To add to my previous post you can use third party tools:

1) SQL Workbench/J
http://www.sql-workbench.eu/
http://www.sql-workbench.eu/TableSource_png.html

2) pgAdmin
https://www.pgadmin.org/
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.x/table_dialog.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: List tables for a specific schema