Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: [GSoC][Patch] Automatic Mode Detection V1
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:13 PM Yosry Muhammad <yosrym93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find attached a patch file with the following updates (last patch + updates) attached:
- Changed the color to $color-gray-lighter and added the shortcut for the new button.
- Added a preferences option to enable/disable prompting on uncommited transactions on exiting.
- Changed call_render_after_poll_specs test to be in sync with code changes, also fixed a mix up in the test descriptions in the same file.
- Fixed a bug with a recent patch 'Allow editing of data where a primary key column includes a % sign in the value.' that occurred when the primary key was a number.

- After running python and feature tests, changes were made to nearly all the files (git status shows modifications in a ton of files), is there something I have done wrong?
What command did you use, can you share the screenshot of the files changed?

I tried it again after a proper test_config.json as you mentioned and everything worked fine. All tests pass for this patch except for 3 feature tests that all fail because of a TimeoutException related to selenium. Please find a log file of the feature tests attached.

- What else is missing from this patch to make it applicable ? I would like to produce a release-ready patch if possible. If so, I can continue working on the project on following patches, I just want to know what is the minimum amount of work needed to make this patch release-ready (especially that changes are being made in the master branch that require me to re-edit parts of the code that I have written before to keep things in-sync).
@Dave Page is the right person to answer this.

Waiting for his reply :D

- For the bug that I reported before (generated queries in Query History appear in a distorted way for the user), to get the actual query that is being executed I can use the mogirfy() function of psycopg2 but I need access to a cursor. I can get one directly in save_changed_data() function by using conn.conn.cursor() but then I would be bypassing the wrapper Connection class. Should I modify the wrapper Connection class and add a function that can provide a cursor (or a wrapper around cursor.mogrify() )? Thoughts?
Could you please share the query/screenshot ? The query history just stores the SQL text and fetches back to show in CodeMirror. No modifications/generation of queries is done by Query History.

By 'generated queries' I meant the querie that are generated by pgAdmin to save changes to the data grid to the database. Here is a screenshot from the released version (not the version I am working on).
pg-query-history-bug.png
Scenario:
- Opened View Data on a table (public.kweek)
- Modified a cell in a column named media_url with a primary key (id = 50) to 'new link'
- Instead of showing 'new link' in the query %(media_url) is shown.
The update queries fired internally should not go to history. Queries fired by user only should go. That's what I think.

This can be fixed in save_changed_data() function in my patch but I need access to a cursor as previously mentioned. Thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your help!

--
Yosry Muhammad Yosry

Computer Engineering student,