Re: pgAdmin 4 v4.9 released

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 v4.9 released
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 9:42 AM Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi pgAdmin team.

I've just upgraded to v4.9 (from 4.6) and noticed for the first time a dialog requesting a master password. I've gone through the release notes and couldn't find when this feature was implemented.
Anyway, the encryption seems to mess up all saved passwords. When I connect to an pre existing server which had the password saved I get error: Failed to decrypt the saved password. Error: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x89 in position 3: invalid start byte
Yes this is an issue. We're trying to figure out the cause. This happens only when you upgrade.

After feeding the correct password it connects alright. Sadly it seems I will have to reenter the password for all the servers I manage.
A small nuance is the Save Password checkbox on the Connect Server dialog requiring a lot of clicks for it to turn checked. (running Windows 10 + Chrome)
This is something we are not facing. Can you please log a bug so that we can investigate further - https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new

A more serious issue seems to happen when a connection with SSL tunneling is lost, since I am unable to reconnect to the server as pgAdmin will throw this error on every attempt to reconnect: create_ssh_tunnel() missing 1 required positional argument: 'tunnel_password'
This is fixed, and will be available in v4.10.

Can't find a way around it other than restarting pgAdmin since the same error appears upon trying to open the server properties. (Edit: I managed to workaround this deadlock by clearing the server password)

Another nuance is that the ssh password can't be saved. This is not the "click lots of times till it kicks in", the save password checkbox is definitely disabled for the ssh password. Haven't found an option to enable it either.
This is disabled by default (ALLOW_SAVE_TUNNEL_PASSWORD = False in config.py). You can enable it with ALLOW_SAVE_TUNNEL_PASSWORD = True. Kindly refer - https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/dev/desktop_deployment.html?highlight=config#configuration

Am I the only one suffering from these issues?

Regards,
Fernando.