Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2927] Move all CSS into SCSS files for consistency and ease of colour maintenance etc.

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2927] Move all CSS into SCSS files for consistency and ease of colour maintenance etc.
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 9:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
One more thought - can you please look at updating the style guide on the website to be consistent? https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin-www.git;a=summary
Yes. Will start working on this.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Attached is the updated patch fixing the errors. I missed the linter in webpack.config.js :(

That's better - thanks.

A few thoughts:

- The button bars now have the flat style, however disabled buttons are almost indistinguishable from enabled ones. If we're going to have a flatter style, then we need to make the foreground colour of the buttons much lighter when they're disabled.
I guess they are distinguishable :/ (below screenshots). Plus you will get a disabled mouse pointer on button hover (after I send the updated patch). If we need to change the colors of the button then we need to override bootstrap variables and compile the less files.

- I'm not keen on using $color-white/$color-black. That pre-supposes what the colours are, in which case we might as well just hard-code the values. How about $color-foreground/$color-background?
foreground/background is a good idea. It will be helpful in theming if we want a dark theme. All need to use these variables in places where no backgroud/foreground color is set in CSS classes. Will work on this.

- One thing we may want to do in the future is to have the option for alternate themes (or at least just a dark one). Do you know (no need to do it now - I'm just asking) if we've got enough of the colours in _default_variables.scss (and overridden elsewhere) to be able to do that?
I have covered all the hash codes used in pgAdmin4 defined CSS/SCSS files. But, if we want the complete theme then we need to override the external CSS or override the variables and compile the less/sass files (bootstrap). This is part is still not done.

I have noticed one more thing, templated CSS. We should remove it. For now I have skipped template css from webpack bundling.

+1
Should this be done as part of this RM, or we need to create a separate one ?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company