Re: Query optimization help

От Ondrej Ivanič
Тема Re: Query optimization help
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On 30 August 2011 15:36, Szymon Kosok <szymon@mwg.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I asked that question on StackOverflow, but didn't get any valuable
> response, so I'll ask it here. :)
>
> I have such query:

Could you please re-post your explain using this web site:
http://explain.depesz.com/ and post links to Stackoverflow question?
What is your Postgres version? Database settings?
I see huge discrepancy between predicted and actual row numbers (like
1264420 vs 485). I would try the following:

- check column statistics (pg_stasts) and focus on the following
columns: n_distinct, null_frac, most_common_vals. If they are way-off
from the actual values then you should tweak (auto)analyze process:
run manual/auto analyse more often (check pg_stat_user_tables),
increase default_statistics_target (per column or global)

- try to disable nested loop join (set enable_nestloop=off)

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.ivanic@gmail.com)

Сообщение: Re: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster
Сообщение: Re: Re: How to track number of connections and hosts to Postgres cluster