Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It is too early.  RHEL6 seems to be based off glibc 2.12, released 2010.
> (By the same token, it's not got the other bug you mention ;-))

Well, it looked like everything was fine for "debian testing, glibc
2.22-3", including de_DE.UTF-8. In theory, it's only a matter of using
git-bisect to find what the fix was. That's just leg-work. I will find
time for it after the ongoing CF.

Mercifully, the situation with Glibc 2.22 suggests that the Glibc
people *aren't* fixing the strcoll() bugs in stable branches. But that
also means that it will take a long time to make non-C collation text
sorting use abbreviation on most systems, which is certainly
disappointing.

--
Peter Geoghegan