Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I care very much what the module does to the performance of all statements.
> But I don't care much if selecting from pg_stat_statements itself is a bit
> slowed. Perhaps I didn't express myself as clearly as I could have.

Oh, I see. Of course the overhead of calling the pg_stat_statements()
function is much less important. Actually, I think that calling that
function is going to add a lot of noise to any benchmark aimed at
measuring added overhead as the counters struct is expanded.

--
Peter Geoghegan