Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/27/2014 04:37 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> I personally don't give a tinker's cuss about whether the patch slows down
>> pg_stat_statements a bit.
> Why not? The assurance that the overhead is generally very low is what
> makes it possible to install it widely usually without a second
> thought. That's hugely valuable.

I care very much what the module does to the performance of all
statements. But I don't care much if selecting from pg_stat_statements
itself is a bit slowed. Perhaps I didn't express myself as clearly as I
could have.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: INTERVAL overflow detection is terribly broken
Сообщение: Re: INTERVAL overflow detection is terribly broken