Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Re: jsonb and nested hstore  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
> jsonb is significantly faster than json even without indexing; there are plenty of reasons to have jsonb even if we
don'tinitially have indexing operations for it.

That may be true, although I think that that's still very disappointing.

In order to make a rational decision to do the work incrementally, we
need to know what we're putting off until 9.5. AFAICT, we have these
operator classes that work fine with jsonb for the purposes of
hstore-style indexing (the hstore operator classes). Wasn't that the
point? When there is a dedicated set of jsonb operator classes, what
will be different about them, other than the fact that they won't be
hstore operator classes? A decision predicated on waiting for those to
come in 9.5 must consider what we're actually waiting for, and right
now that seems very hazy.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: patch: option --if-exists for pg_dump