Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/28/2014 04:38 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Well, then we just have to add more info to --help
+1 for at least doing that. I found it annoying just the other day not
to find it in plsql's --help output, in a moment of brain fade when I
forgot how to spell it. So it's not just beginners who can benefit, it's
people like me whose memory occasionally goes awry.
No objection in principle, but what are we talking about exactly?
Adding some new backslash command that lists all the variables that have
special meanings?

That's a pretty good idea, especially if we give that command a command line option too, so something like

   psql --special-variables

would run that command and exit.

it can be second one option.

Pavel

Maybe I'm over-egging the pudding a bit ;-)

cheers

andrew