Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> IMHO it is impossible to know if any of the other code is correct
>> until we have a clear and stable vision of what the command is
>> supposed to perform.
>
> +1.
>
>> The inner workings are less important than what the feature does.
>
> +1.
>
>> FWIW, the row available at the end of all BEFORE triggers is clearly
>> the object we should be manipulating, not the original VALUES()
>> clause. Otherwise this type of INSERT would behave differently from
>> normal INSERTs. Which would likely violate RLS, if nothing else.
>
> +1.

I agree with all of this. I'm glad that my opinion on how a
CONFLICTING() expression interacts with BEFORE triggers is accepted,
too.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression
Сообщение: Re: jsonb format is pessimal for toast compression