Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> In my understanding PostgreSQL's manual MUST include the ICU license
> term (this is not a problem).  What I am not so sure is, any software
> uses PostgreSQL also MUST include the ICU license or not. If yes, I
> think this is surely a problem.

It uses the MIT license, which is less restrictive than even the BSD
license. I believe one part (the Chinese/Japanese Word Break
Dictionary Data) is BSD Licensed, though:

https://ssl.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/license.html

I don't think licensing would be a problem.
--
Peter Geoghegan