Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps
Дата
Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We use ICU with postgres for many years in our  mchar extension, which
>> provides  case-insensitive  text data type for popular  russian financial
>> system.  I don't know if we may ask ICU to give us special BSD-compatible
>> license ?
>
> I don't think that's necessary. Firebird uses ICU, and has similar
> licensing terms to PostgreSQL.

http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/license.html

........permission notice appear in supporting documentation.Permission ishereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaininga copy ofthis software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), todeal in the Software without
restriction,including withoutlimitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,distribute, and/or sell copies
ofthe Software, and to permit personsto whom the Software is furnished to do so, provided that the abovecopyright
notice(s)and this permission notice appear in all copiesof the Software and that both the above copyright notice(s) and
thispermissionnotice appear in supporting documentation.

In my understanding PostgreSQL's manual MUST include the ICU license
term (this is not a problem).  What I am not so sure is, any software
uses PostgreSQL also MUST include the ICU license or not. If yes, I
think this is surely a problem.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Сообщение: Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps
Сообщение: Re: Collations and Replication; Next Steps