Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
>> I now think that we have this backwards: This isn't a bug in glibc's
>> strxfrm(); it's a bug in glibc's strcoll().
>
> FWIW, the test program I just posted includes checks to see if the two
> cases produce self-consistent sort orders.  So far I've seen no evidence
> that they don't; that is, strcoll() produces a consistent sort order,
> and strxfrm() produces a consistent sort order, but not the same one.
> That being the case, arguing about which one is wrong seems a bit
> academic, not to mention well above my pay grade so far as the theoretical
> behavior of locale-specific sort ordering is concerned.

I hope you're right about it being academic.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)