Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> I now think that we have this backwards: This isn't a bug in glibc's
> strxfrm(); it's a bug in glibc's strcoll().

FWIW, the test program I just posted includes checks to see if the two
cases produce self-consistent sort orders.  So far I've seen no evidence
that they don't; that is, strcoll() produces a consistent sort order,
and strxfrm() produces a consistent sort order, but not the same one.
That being the case, arguing about which one is wrong seems a bit
academic, not to mention well above my pay grade so far as the theoretical
behavior of locale-specific sort ordering is concerned.

Сообщение: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)
Сообщение: Re: Missing rows with index scan when collation is not "C" (PostgreSQL 9.5)