Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE/IGNORE 4.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hmm, so it was stuck for half an hour at that point? Why do you think it was
> a livelock?
>
>> This is the same server that I shared credentials with you for. Feel
>> free to ssh in and investigate it yourself.
>

> I logged in, but the system seems very unresponsive in general. I just
> started "apt-get install gdb" on it, to investigate what the backends are
> stuck at. It's been running for about 30 minutes now, and I'm still
> waiting...

To be honest, I just assumed it was a livelock - maybe I should have
avoided the word. It's possible that there was an issue on the AWS
instance, too. It was disconcerting how each run of the test could
take 4 seconds or 30 seconds, with no particular pattern to it. This
was something I saw consistently.

--
Peter Geoghegan