Re: Loss of some parts of the function definition

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Loss of some parts of the function definition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/30/15 6:44 AM, Sergey Grinko wrote:
> Now create a script in the application of its function parameters and
> return values can be declared using %TYPE.
> However, when you save the script is stored inside the server only what
> is considered his body. Thus, we obtain:

We actually mung things a lot worse when it comes to views, so I'm
curious why you're only worried about the problems with stored functions?

FWIW, I think the best 'solution' to this right now is to actually keep
your original definitions as files in your VCS and use something like
sqitch for deployment. Taken to it's logical extreme, that means that
the only thing you ever 'patch' is an actual table (via ALTER TABLE), or
indexes. Everything else essentially gets treated like regular code.

That's still not terribly satisfying since unlike other forms of
software you now have all that definition both in your VCS and the
database itself, but ISTM that's a much bigger problem than the small
amount of info we lose from stored functions...