Re: Loss of some parts of the function definition

От Sergey Grinko
Тема Re: Loss of some parts of the function definition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
justremember them.<br /> Somewhere I read that already are going to introduce their storage source.<br /> If I find
thissource, then I write the link here.<br /> I am a supporter of conservation of the source code.<br /> I hope that
thePostgreSQL developers still implement the storage of the full DDL and PostgreSQL then receive another plus in
competitionwith commercial databases. <div class="gmail_quote">01 Май 2015 г. 23:03 пользователь "Jim Nasby" <<a
href="mailto:Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com">Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com</a>>написал:<br type="attribution" /><blockquote
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On 4/30/15 6:44 AM, Sergey
Grinkowrote:<br /><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
solid;padding-left:1ex">Now create a script in the application of its function parameters and<br /> return values can
bedeclared using %TYPE.<br /> However, when you save the script is stored inside the server only what<br /> is
comesto views, so I'm curious why you're only worried about the problems with stored functions?<br /><br /> FWIW, I
thinkthe best 'solution' to this right now is to actually keep your original definitions as files in your VCS and use
somethinglike sqitch for deployment. Taken to it's logical extreme, that means that the only thing you ever 'patch' is
anactual table (via ALTER TABLE), or indexes. Everything else essentially gets treated like regular code.<br /><br />
That'sstill not terribly satisfying since unlike other forms of software you now have all that definition both in your
VCSand the database itself, but ISTM that's a much bigger problem than the small amount of info we lose from stored