Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hm, I just realized that the command tag for INSERT ON CONFLICT is still
> just INSERT.  Is that okay?  To me, the behavior is different enough
> that it should have its own tag.  I'm not too set on this, but maybe
> others share this opinion?

No it isn't. ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE has an "UPSERT" command tag. DO
NOTHING has INSERT as its command tag.

Are you using an old psql? I thought that that would just result in no
command tag being displayed.
--
Peter Geoghegan