Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Hm, I just realized that the command tag for INSERT ON CONFLICT is still
> > just INSERT.  Is that okay?  To me, the behavior is different enough
> > that it should have its own tag.  I'm not too set on this, but maybe
> > others share this opinion?
>
> No it isn't. ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE has an "UPSERT" command tag. DO
> NOTHING has INSERT as its command tag.

> Are you using an old psql? I thought that that would just result in no
> command tag being displayed.

Well, I'm using an editor to read the code of CreateCommandTag(), not
executing anything.  I guess that function needs an update, then, no?

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING/UPDATE.