Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE with _any_ constraint

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE with _any_ constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> As the patch author I hope and expect that you will listen to this and
>> consider how you will resolve these problems, just as any of us has done
>> when they are the patch author, even after commit. I would like to see this
>> happen now before we get hit with usage questions similar to OP's. If both
>> requests cannot happen now, if we can at least agree a path for future
>> enhancement we can refer people to what will happen in later releases when
>> they ask.
>
> That's reasonable. I only ask that you describe a plausible use case.
> Let's start with that. Try and convince me.

Also, by not taking a firm position one way or the other on the first
point, the question of whether or not it is appropriate to mandate an
inference specification for the DO UPDATE variant, I am not simply
being indifferent. Rather, I don't know one way or the other. I
reserve judgement.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Fix misaligned access of ItemPointerData on ARM
Сообщение: Re: Fix misaligned access of ItemPointerData on ARM