Re: Performance optimization of btree binary search

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Performance optimization of btree binary search
Дата
Re: Performance optimization of btree binary search
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think if we can make something like this work, it would be
> neat-o.  Getting this working for int4 would be a good win, as Peter
> says, but getting it working for both int4 and int8 with the same code
> would be a significantly better one.

No arguments here. I think I didn't initially suggest it myself out of
passing concern about the guarantees around how unused Datum bits are
initialized in all relevant contexts, but having looked at it for a
second I see that we are of course disciplined there.

--
Peter Geoghegan