Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> There are just as many people that are running with scissors that are now
> running (or attempting to run) our elephant in production. Does it make
> sense to remove fsync (and possibly full_page_writes) from such a visible
> place as postgresql.conf?

-1

Anyone turning off fsync without even for a moment considering the
consequences has only themselves to blame. I can't imagine why you'd
want to remove full_page_writes or make it less visible either, since
in principle it ought to be perfectly fine to turn it off in
production once its verified as safe.
--
Peter Geoghegan