Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

There are just as many people that are running with scissors that are
now running (or attempting to run) our elephant in production. Does it
make sense to remove fsync (and possibly full_page_writes) from such a
visible place as postgresql.conf?

I don't think we should remove the features themselves but perhaps only
have them settable via the new alter system command?

JD
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"

Сообщение: Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position
Сообщение: Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position