Re: Backup throttling

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Backup throttling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> slightly related: we should start to reuse procLatch for walsenders
> instead of having a separate latch someday.

+1. The potential for bugs from failing to account for this within
signal handlers seems like a concern. I think that every process
should use the process latch, except for the archiver which uses a
local latch because it pointedly does not touch shared memory. I think
I wrote a comment that made it into the latch header comments
encouraging this, but never saw to it that it was universally adhered
to.

--
Peter Geoghegan