ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE pg_default

От Stephen Frost
Тема ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE pg_default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,
 Harking back to 10 years ago when tablespaces were added, it looks like we originally figured that users didn't need
permissionsto create tables in the database default, per 2467394e.  That strikes me as perfectly fair.  Unfortunately,
thelater addition of ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE (af4de814) didn't get the memo about the default tablespace being
specialin this regard and refuses to let a user move their tables into the default tablespace, even though they can do
sovia 'CREATE TABLE ... AS SELECT * FROM ...'.

 Barring objections, I'll add the same conditional around the AclCheck in ATPrepSetTableSpace() as exists in
DefineRelation()to allow users to ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE into the database's default tablespace and backpatch
accordingly.
     Thanks,
    Stephen