Re: Procedural Languages

От Mike Toews
Тема Re: Procedural Languages
Дата
Re: Procedural Languages  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Procedural Languages  (Joshua Tolley <eggyknap@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 1 June 2012 02:36, John Townsend <jtownsend@advancedformulas.com> wrote:
> There are least 10 Procedural Languages available for PostGreSQL. The one
> that comes with the installation is PL/pgSQL.

The count looks closer to 18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL#Procedural_languages
but I doubt some get much use (PL/LOLCODE anyone?).

PL/R opens some good functionality not offered by any other language,
and is particularly useful for statistics, GIS and other science
applications. R itself is often a wrapper to dusty FORTRAN subroutines
published in statistics journals decades ago.

-Mike