Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies
Дата
Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Stephen,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:57 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Jeevan,

* Jeevan Chalke (jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> I have started reviewing this patch and here are couple of points I have
> observed so far:
>
> 1. Patch applies cleanly
> 2. make / make install / initdb all good.
> 3. make check (regression) FAILED. (Attached diff file for reference).

I've re-based my patch on top of current head and still don't see the
failures which you are getting during the regression tests.  Is it
possible you were doing the tests without a full rebuild of the source
tree..?

Can you provide details of your build/test environment and the full
regression before and after output?

I still get same failures with latest sources and with new patch. Here are
few details of my setup. Let me know if I missed any.

$ uname -a
Linux centos7 3.10.0-327.28.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Aug 18 19:05:49 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

HEAD at
commit 51c3e9fade76c12e4aa37bffdf800bbf74fb3fb1

configure switches:
./configure --with-openssl --with-tcl --with-perl --with-python --with-ossp-uuid --with-ldap --with-pam --with-zlib --with-pgport=5432 --enable-depend --enable-debug --enable-cassert --prefix=`pwd`/install CFLAGS="-g -O0"

Regression FAILED. Regression diff is same as previous one.

Without patch I don't get any regression failure.

Well, I could not restrict myself debugging this mystery and finally able
to find the reason why this is failing. It was strange that it did not
crash and simply gave different results.

With this patch, pg_policy catalog now has seven columns, however
Natts_pg_policy is still set to 6. It should be updated to 7 now.
Doing this regression seems OK.

I am reviewing the latest patch in detail now and will post my review
comments later.

Thanks

Thanks!

Stephen

--
Jeevan B Chalke
Principal Software Engineer, Product Development