Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping

От Jeevan Chalke
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping  (Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Attached new patch-set here. Changes include:

1. Added separate patch for costing Append node as discussed up-front in the
patch-set.
2. Since we now cost Append node, we don't need partition_wise_agg_cost_factor
GUC. So removed that. The remaining patch hence merged into main implementation
patch.
3. Updated rows in test-cases so that we will get partition-wise plans.

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Jeevan Chalke
<jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I didn't get what you mean by regression here. Can you please explain?
>
> I see that PWA plan is selected over regular plan when enabled on the basis
> of costing.
> Regular planning need a Result node due to which costing increases where as
> PWA don't need that and thus wins.

Sorry for not clearly explaining,  I meant that with normal plan
execution time is 263.678 ms whereas with PWA its 339.929 ms.

I only set enable_partition_wise_agg=on and it switched to PWA and
execution time increased by 30%.
I understand that the this is the worst case for PWA where
FinalizeAggregate is getting all the tuple.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения