Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Well maybe. Or we want this useful information at a finer granularity
> than "everyone or nobody" and given the choice we prefer to have it
> than not.

Anyways, I don't feel incredibly strongly about this. I think we
should default any user-data to being visible only that user as a
general principle but I also think a system predicated on data like
argv or application_name being kept private is pretty fragile and
should be avoided so I'm not super tense about additional ways these
things can leak. I feel like this is an example where -hackers has a
bit of a blind spot when it comes to smaller databases by users who
aren't expert DBAs and don't need a dedicated box.

--
greg