Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11 January 2018 at 09:55, Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
>         if (active_pid != 0)
>                 status = "streaming";
>         else
>                 status = "keeping";

Perhaps "idle" by analogy to a pg_stat_activity entry for a backend
that's connected but not doing anything.

>         status = "may_lost";

Perhaps "stale" or "expired"?

Is this patch in bike-shed territory? Are there any questions about
whether we want the basic shape to look like this?

Fwiw I think there's a real need for this feature so I would like to
get it in for Postgres 11.

--
greg