Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Restricting maximum keep segments by repslots  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

>>  patch -p1 gives some "Stripping trailing CRs from patch"
>>  messages for me, but applied to current HEAD and builds. After
>
> Hmm. I wonder why I get that complaint so often. (It's rather
> common? or caused by the MIME format of my mail?) I'd say with
> confidence that it is because you retrieved the patch file on
> Windows mailer.
I use Debian and web based mailer. Hm, i wget patches from links here
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180111.155910.26212237.horiguchi.kyotaro%40lab.ntt.co.jp- applies clean
bothlast and previous messages. Its strange.

Updated patches builds ok, but i found one failed test in make check-world: contrib/test_decoding/sql/ddl.sql at the
endmakes SELECT * FROM pg_replication_slots; which result of course was changed

And i still have no better ideas for naming. I think on something like
if (min_keep_lsn <= restart_lsn)
    if (active_pid != 0)
        status = "streaming";
    else
        status = "keeping";
else
    status = "may_lost";
This duplicates an existing active field, but I think it's useful as slot status description.
wal_status streaming/keeping/lost/unknown as described in docs patch is also acceptable for me. Maybe anyone else has
betteridea?

Regards, Sergei

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward fasterpartition pruning
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning