Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
I am not going to raise a huge stink or anything but it seems rather simple.

ALTER SYSTEM  is, if anything, more accessible and easier to do without reading comments and warnings than config files.

If it were a green field then naming it data_integrity=off would do more to scare wave people away than hacking the config system. But making the change now after years seems kind of silly.

I do wonder if it could be made a synonym for setting a large value of wal_writer_delay. That wouldn't really help Tom's concern about development but it might provide the same performance for the traditional use case of initial loading of large databases. That would require a lot of empirical testing though.

--
greg