[LDAPS] Test connection user with ldaps server

От João Gaspar
Тема [LDAPS] Test connection user with ldaps server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have a PostgreSQL 13.1 (RHEL 8.3) Server and I want to configure the pg_hba.conf with a remote ldaps server.

My steps:

I create a PostgreSQL user1 with superuser role to test the ldaps authentication method in the terminal client.

Modify the pg_hba.conf to:

host    all             all             0.0.0.0/0               ldap    ldapurl="ldaps://serverurl:636/DC=company,DC=example,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub" ldapbinddn="user-to-do-autentication-ldap-connection" ldapbindpasswd=" user-ldap-connection password-autentication"

Save and restart the PostgreSQL service.

Try to connect with the terminal client with psql -h postgresqlremoteserverhost -U user1 and after putting the password give the following error:
psql: FATAL:  LDAP authentication failed for user "user1"

I validate the ldap user1 with ldapsearch (in the RHEL host) and the user1 appears in the ldapsearch correctly using the same ldapurl, ldapbinddn and ldapbinpasswd.

Checking the remote postgresql logs, the connection to the remote ldaps do the correct authentication but can´t search by the attribute sAMAccountName. Here is the PostgreSQL log:
could not search LDAP for filter "(sAMAccountName=user1)" on server "serverurl": Operations error 2021-02-13 10:02:54.679 WET [1127801] DETAIL:  LDAP diagnostics: 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0907E9, comment: To perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v2580

Info: The user1 was created as well in the ldaps server with sAMAccountName user1.

It seems that the problem is in the pg_hba.conf how to tell the search, can anyone have similar problem ou resolution?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
João Gaspar