Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022, 10:54 AM Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:
Nikhil Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Primary and Standby running on Postgres v11.7.
>
> I was following the document to upgrade a PG v11.7 cluster to PG v13.4.
> After upgrade using pg_upgrade on primary, I ran rsync to setup standby
> PG13 but when I started the primary, the replication slots were not
> present. How will standby start streaming in this case?
>
> We are using physical replication slots.

You can create the replication slots manually with
pg_create_physical_replication_slot() any time.

However, unless you are very brave and know what you are doing,  I'd
recommend using pg_basebackup to setup a standby, not rsync. You can
even use the -C and -S options of pg_basebackup to create the slots
for you, and many other pg_basebackup's nice

A small demo of 11 to 13 upgrade using pg_upgrade and rsync.
It might not be all the best practices, but just following the doc on my laptop.

Just ensure the backed up configs are in back in and also create the replication slot.

Сообщение: Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Сообщение: Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.