Re: database lagging

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: database lagging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 23:37, Alvaro Aguayo <aaguayo@opensysperu.com> wrote:

Is there any other thing running with that database? If so, I would consider a locking problem. CREATE/ALTER ROLE should never take too much time, unless there is some kind of lock in a global catalog.

I am not so sure this is lock issue? Ctrl C would not complete the command if it were a lock issue?
Pepe can confirm if he sees any locks though ?

Hey Pepe,
Can you let us know
what postgres version?
what psql version?
what OS?

also, is it possible for you to collect stack trace of the hanging process?

also is it only hanging in interactive mode?
psql -c 'alter role foobar superuser;'
does this complete fine ?

Regards,

Alvaro Aguayo