Re: TRUNCATE memory leak with temporary tables?

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: TRUNCATE memory leak with temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes,
I too see growth when text type is used, but not when int or even fixed size char(10) is used.

I always thought truncate was similar to delete + vacuum full,
but checking for your scenarios, I did not see an update on pg_stat_user_table on truncate for vacuums.

then i checked
to help understand truncation better.

but then i still do not understand how a col type text which is dynamic results in mem growth (coz there are no rows inserted, i understand for long strings db does work to compress, move them to toast tables etc) but these are empty rows.

Maybe someone else will be able to explain what is going on.