Re: Avoid Wraparound Failures

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: Avoid Wraparound Failures
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 at 3:47 AM Loles <lolesft@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

Suppose the databases on my instance are near to have a wraparound failure.

(I think so, from what I see, but in the PostgreSQL log I haven't seen any warning about It yet).

What do I have to do?

vacuum freeze;

better than,

vacuum analyze;

Or both?

If the autovacuum_freeze configuration parameters have defaults values, should I modify any first?

More I read of this topic, more confused I am.

Please, I need simple and wise advice :)

Thanks!

This guy asked on telegram how to simulate the problem and then actually went on to simulate and log the observations and how to resolve it.
Of course this might be the most simplest of all cases, but it does help visualise.

Сообщение: Re: Avoid Wraparound Failures
Сообщение: Re: Avoid Wraparound Failures