Re: Optimizing search query with sorting by creation field

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: Optimizing search query with sorting by creation field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What is your baseline expectation?
With what size of db table, what query should take how much time
How much server resources can be used?

If this seems to be a timeseries db,
Are the rows append only  and random insertion order ?

You are create partitions based on time and sub partitions on some other field that can be used as predictable to exclude scanning other partitions and speed up retrieved rows.
Clustering of tables based on timestamp may help reduce sort time if order by is always used.

Basically a lot of stuff for improvement I would list are used by timescaledb which is optimized for time series based queries.

If you want or do not want to use timescaledb,
I guess it has enough content to help plan time series based data query and retrieve data.