Re: permission denied to create and drop user

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: permission denied to create and drop user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:30 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Joao Miguel Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com> writes:
> I have just installed postgresql on Debian stable (from debian apt
> archives). It seems that the postgres user does not have permissions to
> DROP/CREATE USER. I was expecting the postgres user to be a superuser but
> something seems weird. my postgres user does not have the usual superuser
> attributes.

That is weird.  Maybe just drop the cluster and re-initdb?

It might be worth checking the debian postgres package's documentation to
see if they're throwing you some kind of curveball.  One thing I was about
to suggest is that the bootstrap superuser might not be named postgres
(it'll be named after whichever OS user ran initdb).  However, your "\du"
output pretty clearly shows you have no superuser, and that's just odd.

                        regards, tom lane

I'm sorry about the confusion. I have just realized that the loss of superuser attributes was due to my dump file.

Debian does the right thing. During "apt install" it is possible to see the log lines stating that the superuser is actually postgres. that seems fine.

But... my dump file contains some agressive commands that are actually making a reall mess. here they are:

CREATE ROLE pgcon;
ALTER ROLE pgcon WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN NOREPLICATION NOBYPASSRLS;
CREATE ROLE postgres;
ALTER ROLE postgres WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN NOREPLICATION NOBYPASSRLS;

that is why I messed up my database. Lucky it is not critical at all. I can start all over again, no problem.

maybe "pg_dumpall" has options to avoid those changes?

Сообщение: Re: permission denied to create and drop user
Сообщение: Re: permission denied to create and drop user