Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption

От Ibrar Ahmed
Тема Re: WIP: Data at rest encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:21 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Aug-02, Shawn Wang wrote:

> Hi Antonin,
> It is very glad to see the new patch. I used the public patches a long time ago.
> I did some tests like the stream replication, much data running, temporary files encryption.
> I found that there is an issue in the src/backend/storage/file/encryption.c. You should put block_size = EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size(ctx); under the #ifdef USE_ASSERT_CHECKING.
> There is some problem to merge your patches to the latest kernel in the pg_ctl.c.

Is a new, fixed version going to be posted soon?  It's been a while.

Also, apologies if this has been asked before, but: how does this patch
relate to the stuff being discussed in
https://postgr.es/m/031401d3f41d$5c70ed90$1552c8b0$@lab.ntt.co.jp ?

Yes, it is related to that, but we don't have that on our agenda in a weekly meeting.  It has
many conflicting points about what we are doing. Swada / Bruce can comment on that.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Ibrar Ahmed