Re: Why would queries fail with 'could not stat file' after CLUSTER?

От raghu ram
Тема Re: Why would queries fail with 'could not stat file' after CLUSTER?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Sashbeer Bhandari <sashbeer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
Good Morning,

I am using Postgresql DB 8.2 and my encoding is in SQL_ASCII ,. I want to convert it in UTF8, Please help me it.

Convert a database in the SQL_ASCII format into one of the UTF-8 format::

template1=# create database test with encoding='SQL_ASCII';

CREATE DATABASE

template1=# \connect test

You are now connected to database "test".

test=# create table a (x text);

CREATE TABLE

test=# insert into a values ('');

test=# select * from a;

(1 row)

test=# update pg_database set encoding =

pg_catalog.pg_char_to_encoding('UTF8') where datname='test';

UPDATE 1

test=# select * from a;

(1 row)

test=# \connect template1

You are now connected to database "template1".

template1=# \connect test

You are now connected to database "test".

test=# select * from a;

(1 row)

--Raghu

Сообщение: Re: Giant Postgresql Database Cluster Folder
Сообщение: Re: Giant Postgresql Database Cluster Folder