Re: rsync and streaming replication

От Jean-Armel Luce
Тема Re: rsync and streaming replication
Дата
Re: rsync and streaming replication  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

2011/11/16 Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>:
> Does the network connection have high latency?
 When I ping the server,time=15ms.

> Also, I believe you said -z seemed to slow it down?
I confirm

> I'm certainly glad that you've got a 3x speed increase--
Me too :-) . Thanks for your advices. Thanks to Cédric too

But still, something seems odd about the performance you've reported, so I'm left wondering about what could cause that. Disk performance glitch at one end or the other, network performance, CPU load???
CPU usage is very low

Today, I tried with command : rsync -rc --block-size=8192
Rsync duration with blksize=8192 was 31 minutes (yesterday without blocksize, duration was 32 minutes exactly)

Thanks for your help

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: How and when are encoding DLLs used on Windows?
От: Cédric Villemain
Сообщение: Re: rsync and streaming replication