Re: Avoid erroring out when unable to remove or parse logical rewrite files to save checkpoint work

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Avoid erroring out when unable to remove or parse logical rewrite files to save checkpoint work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 1:49 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 09:21:30AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> > Here is an updated patch set.
>
> rebased

Thanks.

0001 - there are many places where lstat/stat is being used - don't we
need to replace all or most of them with get_dirent_type?

0002 - I'm not quite happy with this patch, with the change,
checkpoint errors out, if it can't remove just a file - the comments
there says it all. Is there any strong reason for this change?

- /*
- * It's not particularly harmful, though strange, if we can't
- * remove the file here. Don't prevent the checkpoint from
- * completing, that'd be a cure worse than the disease.
- */
  if (unlink(path) < 0)
- {
- ereport(LOG,
+ ereport(ERROR,
  (errcode_for_file_access(),
  errmsg("could not remove file \"%s\": %m",
  path)));
- continue;
- }

Regards,