Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 9:09 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The replication slots data is stored in binary format on the disk under the pg_replslot/<<slot_name>> directory
whichisn't human readable. If the server is crashed/down (for whatever reasons) and unable to come up, currently
there'sno way for the user/admin/developer to know what were all the replication slots available at the time of server
crash/downto figure out what's the restart lsn, xid, two phase info or types of slots etc.

> > pg_replslotdata is a tool that interprets the replication slots information and displays it onto the stdout even if
theserver is crashed/down. The design of this tool is similar to other tools available in the core today i.e.
pg_controldata,pg_waldump.

> > Attaching initial patch herewith. I will improve it with documentation and other stuff a bit later.
> >
> > Please see the attached picture for the sample output.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Attaching the rebased v2 patch.

On windows the previous patches were failing, fixed that in the v3
patch. I'm really sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения