Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 5:33 PM Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay. Here are the readings on my dev system:
1) on master with the existing test case with inserting 70K rows:
4263200 ms (71.05 min)
2) with Tomas's patch with the test case modified with 1500 table
columns and 50 rows, (majority of the time ~30min it took in SELECT
create_batch_tables(1500); statement. I measured this time manually
looking at the start and end time of the statement - 6649312 ms (110.8
min)
3) with my patch with test case modified with 1600 table columns and
41 rows: 4003007 ms  (66.71 min)
4) on master without the test case at all: 3770722 ms (62.84 min)

I forgot to mention one thing: I ran the above tests with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.