Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 7:30 AM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 10:38:53AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see the PID of the triggering process, but it is really
> > not a information suitable in the control file...
>
> Yes that's something I would like too.  But even if the PIDs could be store, I
> don't think that having the information for an already completed checkpoint
> would be of any use at all.
>
> For the current checkpoint, it should also be an array of PID.  For instance if
> the checkpointer started a throttled checkpoint, then someone calls a non
> immediate pg_start_backup() and finally thinks it's too slow and need a fast
> checkpoint.  This would be welcome in a new pg_stat_progress_checkpoint view.

Thanks all for the comments. pg_stat_progress_checkpoint is being
discussed in another thread [1].

I will respond to the other comments soon.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACV-F%2BK%2Bz%2BXW8fnK4MV71qz2gzAMxFnYziRgZURMB5ycAQ%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.