Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?
Дата
Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 10:38:53AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> I'd like to see the PID of the triggering process, but it is really
> not a information suitable in the control file...

Yes that's something I would like too.  But even if the PIDs could be store, I
don't think that having the information for an already completed checkpoint
would be of any use at all.

For the current checkpoint, it should also be an array of PID.  For instance if
the checkpointer started a throttled checkpoint, then someone calls a non
immediate pg_start_backup() and finally thinks it's too slow and need a fast
checkpoint.  This would be welcome in a new pg_stat_progress_checkpoint view.