Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Printing backtrace of postgres processes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 11:50 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 4:07 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Attached v15 patch has the fixes for the same.
>
> Thanks. The v15 patch LGTM and the cf bot is happy hence marking it as RfC.

The patch was not applying because of the recent commit [1]. I took
this opportunity and tried a bunch of things without modifying the
core logic of the pg_log_backtrace feature that Vignesh has worked on.

I did following -  moved the duplicate code to a new function
CheckPostgresProcessId which can be used by pg_log_backtrace,
pg_log_memory_contexts, pg_signal_backend and pg_log_query_plan ([2]),
modified the code comments, docs and tests to be more in sync with the
commit [1], moved two of ProcessLogBacktraceInterrupt calls (archiver
and wal writer) to their respective interrupt handlers. Here's the v16
version that I've come up with.

[1]
commit 790fbda902093c71ae47bff1414799cd716abb80
Author: Fujii Masao <fujii@postgresql.org>
Date:   Tue Jan 11 23:19:59 2022 +0900

    Enhance pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() for auxiliary processes.

[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20220114063846.7jygvulyu6g23kdv%40jrouhaud

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения